Patch It Up Recap
You were born to care. This is why reconciling with other - especially members of your family - is a losing battle worth fighting. For the follower of Christ, we have no other option but to do what God did for us - towards others. We have no other option because the love that Christ has for us compels us into reconciliation.
Part 4 “Patch it Up”
What do we need to understand about reconciliation?
1. You were born to CARE.
2. Saying “I don’t CARE” is a losing BATTLE worth FIGHTING”
Why must followers of Christ be people committed to reconciliation?
1. Christ’s love for you LIMITS your options.
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.
- 2 Corinthians 5:14
2. Christ’s love compels you to say no to YOURSELF, to say yes to what God is REQUIRING of You.
And he died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for him who died for them and was raised again.
-2 Corinthians 5:15
- To reconcile means to take two things that are INCOMPATIBLE and make them COMPATIBLE
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ…
- 2 Corinthians 5:18a
- Through Christ, God removed every obstacle to reconciling with US except US
3. Reconciliation is IN SPITE OF...
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation
-2 Corinthians 5:18a
“You can be reconciled to God IN SPITE OF your sin - but you can’t be reconciled to me BECAUSE OF your sin.
But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.